max nbr. limitation of keyboard name list

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:38 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Thanks for the "Avian Edition".

Being an eastern language user, I have a contact list which holds more than 200 different first names. Seem current version does not support to show so many names in one keyboard list.

The max nbr. seems to be 128 currently.

Would you please provide a way to increase the limitation to something like 512 or more?

Thanks for your work!

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2009 at 1:46 AM

I'm afraid I don't understand the request.  Are you saying that there appears to be a maximum of 128 contacts that can be loaded?  Looking at the code, it's a vector, which grows dynamically.  So i'm not sure I understand.

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:51 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2009 at 2:57 AM
avianwaves wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand the request.  Are you saying that there appears to be a maximum of 128 contacts that can be loaded?  Looking at the code, it's a vector, which grows dynamically.  So i'm not sure I understand.

Greetings! Thanks to your great job so that we can use such a great software!

I'm come from Taiwan where use Chinese as our first language, therefore, I have the same problem as him.

As you know, English is 26 alphabet, 30 column is quite enough to cover all of them, but Chinese is not 26 Alphabet, it comes thousands words; Japanese has same structure, but also Korean.

When we switch to [ Index page ], there may be 100 or 200 different last name has shows within one page! Although there has some engineers has creat Chinese.lng for those users already, however, it's diffcult to identify and select the correct Alphabet.

So, can it change to this way: if the index  characters is over 30 alphabet, the balance parts can display at page 2 or page 3 and so on.... ? Or, we can define the size of index column such as 4X6 or 5X7, and other characters goes to next page?