This project is read-only.

Category selection menu is not very friendly

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Hello... I hope I'm in the right place.

I see that "Category selection menu is not very friendly" in the todo list. I'd like to give a suggestion:

1) Add a couple of arrow buttons in the title area of the contacts page, and the category name in between (such as "<  Business  >"). In a touchscreen the user would touch ">" to cycle through categories, e.g., "All" -> "Business" -> "Personal" -> "Shopping" -> "All" -> ..., or touch "<" to cycle in reverse order.

2) Link the virtual keys (are they standard in WM phones?) to those arrow buttons, so that non-touchscreen users (myself included) can have the same feature available. Unless you have better plans for the virtual keys. If that's not possible, maybe the "return" key would do the job well (linked to the ">" button).

Thanks,

VMat

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM
By the way, the same logic could be applied to the call log. By pressing the buttons one would be able to cycle through All/Missed/Outgoing/Received calls (maybe "Missed" would be the default filter?).

VMat
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2009 at 11:42 PM
You have some good ideas.  I haven't really thought about the category menu much other than I don't really like it. :-D  I am very busy these days, so I likely won't get to that in this version, but you have suggested some great ideas.  Thanks.
Apr 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Hey, don't thank me - asking is easy, you're the one who's doing the hard work.

I borrowed the phone from a friend, and I'm probably buying it as soon as he gets back from vacations (in a couple of weeks). Then I'll have more time to experiment, and if I have other suggestions I'll post them here.

Thank you,

VMat